Getting sick is part of life and an important part of your little ones building an immune system. Building an immune system is important so when you get sick, your body reacts appropriately and fights off the bad invaders in a timely manner and gets the body back to maintenance.
If your body is in good shape, you (and your kids) will bounce back quicker. I want to help you keep your immune system operating at its peak.
Tips for keeping your immune system up and running effectively.
Focus on what your body needs to thrive.
Air + sunshine daily
Good quantity + quality of sleep
Healthy nourishing diet
What your body doesn’t need
Lots of stress
Ten simple tips to boost your immune system
- Get outside daily (ideally first thing in the morning even for a few minutes) and boost your supplemental vitamin D during the winter. (Bonus is the cool weather will help wake you up!)
- Try a 2-5 minute meditation once a day. Or if meditation isn’t for you, set your alarm a couple times a day and take large deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling. My kid’s preschool teaches them to smell the flowers (inhale) and blow out the candles (exhale).
- Set your alarm to stand up and walk. Go up and down your stairs a couple times at home or walk around your office. (Bonus do a couple jumping jacks)
- Get your blue blocking glasses on 1-2 hours before bed to help make sure your body can continue to produce melatonin in order to get great sleep.
- Add in fermented foods to help boost your gut health (and overall health).
- Consider adding in a spore based probiotic to help combat the extra sugar you are going to have this holiday season. Learn more about my favorite here and here and grab a discount code. (sugar feeds the bad bugs so having a probiotic on board can help get that balance in line)
- Keep up your supplements to boost and fill in gaps this winter. Vitamin D and Omega 3 fish or cod oil are great for anti-inflammation.
- Consider adding in some additional good quality food based supplements like Vitamin C (this is our favorite and you can get 10% off with code embracewellness10)
- Practice gratitude. Write down 3-5 things you are grateful each day. I use this app and I set a schedule so my phone reminds me. This helps train our mind to be happy + positive, and not stressed.
- Start your day each day with a nourishing smoothie, so you know you are off on the right foot. Add in extra veggies and good fats to keep you full and satisfied.
We are all going to indulge (even me!). Here are a couple bonus tips when you are out and about doing that indulging!
- Eat before you go to holiday parties so you don’t go starving.
- Drink a glass of water for every cocktail you are having.
- Let yourself enjoy the food, guilt free. Making yourself feel guilty and that things are off limits is when it becomes addictive and you likely will over indulge.
- Listen to your body and be ready to get yourself back on track!
**Some of these links may be affiliate links. Embrace Wellness LLC is a participant in various affiliate programs designed to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to products they trust and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same and in some cases less, but Embrace Wellness may receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us maintain this work!