I follow a Functional Medicine Approach to Gut Health: Remove, Replace, Re-inoculate, Repair.
What that means to me a little more specifically is
- Eating a nutrient dense diet, including little to no sugar and lots of fermented foods. Also making sure you aren’t consuming foods your body is intolerant or sensitive to.
- Adding into your body, things it may need to heal and thrive, such as supplements.
- Making sure your gut has lots of diversity and good bacteria.
- Lifestyle modification to manage stress, make sure your body is moving and you are getting optimal sleep.
In this article, we are going to focus on replace and utilizing probiotic supplements.
Having good bacteria in your gut is optimal and quite frankly necessary! There are many things in our society that are causing a decrease in good bacteria and an increase in bad bacteria including medications, stress, sterilization, environmental toxins and food quality, to name a few. These changes in our gut flora are being studies and linked to many of the chronic diseases of our time!
The good news is the need for having good bacteria in your gut is becoming more mainstream. Subsequently the probiotic market is booming but unfortunately, most companies are pulling the ‘kitchen sink method’ and ‘the more is better method’ and throwing all sorts of stuff into their products and not really testing its effectiveness. Let’s talk about how Just Thrive, my favorite and the one my family uses, is different than other products on the market.
#1 reason Just Thrive Probiotic is different:
Just Thrive is 100% spore based and survives to the intestines where it is needed to colonize and do work. Research found that 99.9% of the probiotics on the market are believed to die when they meet stomach acid, therefore arriving not alive in the intestine and unable to provide the intended benefits.
Other ways Just Thrive is different:
It is only composed of 4 strains.
- Bacillus Indicus HU36
- Only antioxidant producing probiotic on the market (produces 15 antioxidants that prevent and repair oxidative damage to keep cells in the best condition)
- Produces carotenoids and vitamins
- Bacillus Subtilis HU58
- Prevents bacterial growth
- Supports blood pressure, cholesterol levels and circulation
- Bacillus Coagulans
- Immune boosting
- Plays key role in food digestion, nutrient absorption
- Bacillus Clausii
- Resists intestinal damage from antibiotics
- Protects against possible infections
- Supports healthy flora balance
Overall reported benefits
- Proven to repair leaky gut in 30 days
- Supports digestive and immune health
- Improves gastrointestinal health
- Provides more energy
- Improves sleep
- Supports healthy weight management
- Supports skin health
In a nutshell, it not only adds good bacteria to your gut but recognitions the gut to fight off pathogens and get rid of the bad.
Just Thrive also studies the effectiveness of their product to make sure what they say people are getting is what they are actually getting and what they say the probiotic is doing for the body it is actually doing.
A recent study done by University of California tested 16 products from health foods stores and online and found only 1 out of 16 product contained what it said on the label.
One other significant study really solidified this probiotic’s benefits for me.
- 100 college students were tested that were healthy with no diagnosed disease, taking no medications, and a healthy weight.
- They measured toxins in their blood before a meal, then would give them the meal and then 3-5 hours later measure again. In addition to the toxins, they looked at inflammatory cytokines (looking to see how much stuff leaks through into their blood and how much inflammation is going on)
- 55% were found to have severe leaky gut (measurable inflammation after a meal that exists for up to 2 weeks) – sadly this is likely what most of America is facing as well!
- To note,
- The participants didn’t change any lifestyle factors. These kids were still stressed, drinking, likely making bad food choices, and getting no sleep.
- They treated the group for 30 days with Just Thrive.
- Those treated with the probiotic showed 60% reduction in the amount of toxin migrating through into blood stream after eating.
- The untreated group had a 32% INCREASE in leakiness and toxin migration.
Sadly if you think of this on a larger scale and compare to the general population, 55% of people could likely start developing inflammatory conditions secondary to their leaky gut.
If you would like to try this amazing product, use the code embrace for 15% off
They offer a 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee, even if you finished the entire bottle.
What is holding you back from feeling the difference?
Check out the PART TWO Just Thrive Probiotic article where we bust some myths and we talk about what my family does.
**Some of the content in this post was provided by Just Thrive. I do however, always do my own research and only endorse products we use and love. Please consult a doctor with any questions you have.
**Some of these links may be affiliate links. Embrace Wellness LLC is a participant in various affiliate programs designed to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to products they trust and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same and in some cases less, but Embrace Wellness may receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us maintain this work!