A yearly tradition in our home – banana ghost popsicles.
My kids love frozen bananas and a few years back when they were little we made them into little ghost popsicles and now it is something they look forward to every year.
Make sure to add this to your list of festive Halloween activities. Your kids will love them!
Psst – we also do these year round with chopped nuts, chocolate chip and even peanut butter in place of yogurt, which is my favorite!
We hope you enjoy!
Banana Ghost Popsicles
- 6 firm bananas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- chocolate chips
- Peel and cut bananas in half.
- Insert popsicle stick into each banana half and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- One at a time add yogurt to banana. Twirling in a bowl works, but I also find using the back of a spoon to scoop the yogurt on and then smooth it out.
- Add chocolate chip eyes.
- After they are frozen, you can add them to a glass dish lined with parchment paper in between layers.
- Softer bananas do not work well in this recipe. Save those for your favorite banana bread or muffin!
- These are fun all year long. Instead of making ghosts, just add chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- Also, delicious with your favorite peanut or nut butter instead of yogurt.