Pancakes have been on repeat in our house and my family is loving these! The perfect level of sweetness and fresh flavor from the lemon.
No body even noticed I snuck in cauliflower rice. Sssh – don’t tell them!
J/K – I actually don’t sneak food in, instead always want my kids to know what they are eating so they have a healthy relationship with food. With that said, I do love adding in veggies in places you may not think about to up the nutrition. Honestly though, you can’t even tell it is in there!
Top with some fresh fruit and nut butter for adding protein and fat and you will be set!
Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- 2 cups oat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppyseed
- 2 lemons zest and juice
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup kefir or yogurt plain, full fat
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Fresh berries
- Nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Mix flour*, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, poppy seeds, hemp seeds, and zest of the lemons.
- Mix kefir, eggs and lemon juice and add to dry ingredients. Pour in melted butter and stir all to combine.
- Fold in blueberries and cauliflower rice.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add to a hot pan or skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, flip and then cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Top with fresh berries, your favorite butter and optional drizzle of syrup.
- Freeze the rest for a quick breakfast later!