I drink alcohol. That may suprise you. I am not against alcohol and think it can still be a part of a healthy lifestyle, if done in moderation and not to try to escape something.
There is no doubt – alcohol brings people together and is something that is enjoyed by many.
In fact, when I studied Blue Zones during my health coaching training, most of the areas that lived the longest and were the healthiest, drink alcohol moderately and regularly.
My drink of choice is typically a glass of Dry Farm red wine, but since the weather has gotten nice out my husband and I have been playing around with a new tequila cocktail inspired by one someone shared with me from Real Simple.
I don’t like sweet drinks, so keep that in mind but also we have made this a few different ways so don’t stress if you don’t have all the ingredients. Give it a try and let me know your favorite variation.
Smoky Grapefruit Kombucha Cocktail
- 4 shots tequila
- 4 shots grapefruit kombucha
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice (1/2 grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit sparkling water
- chili powder seasoning optional
- Combine tequila, kombucha, fresh juices and water in a chilled shaker with a few ice cubes.
- If you prefer a salted rim, add a little water or lime juice to a shallow dish and salt to a second dish.
- Flip over your cup first into the water or lime juice and then into the salt.
- Add ice to your cup.
- Pour in drink mixture from shaker.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Top with additional grapefruit or lime wedge.