Who doesn’t love pasta?! When our family first went gluten free I was bummed we may not be able to eat the same foods as we did before and worried about the products we were going to incorporate into our diet as substitutions, if we did want to eat those same foods. Obviously bread and pasta are high up on that list.
I am happy to report, we found a gluten free pasta that we love called Banza. It is made from garbanzo beans and an extra benefit is you get 14 grams of protein per serving.
Today’s recipe is a take on pasta carbonara – bacon, veggies and eggs. I hope you enjoy!
Pasta Carbonara Bake
- 8 ounces pasta gluten free if desired
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped into one inch pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1 package bacon
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parmesean cheese optional topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake bacon on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to bacon pan and cook all for another 10 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking, cook pasta and asparagus in boiling water two minutes less than package instructions.
- Once bacon mixture is done, chop into small pieces.
- Combine cooked pasta, asparagus, peas, bacon, onion and garlic with one tablespoon olive oil.
- Add in beaten eggs, stirring to combine and then pour into a 8x8 baking pan.
- Top with cheese, if using, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
**Some of these links may be affiliate links. Embrace Wellness LLC is a participant in various affiliate programs designed to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to products they trust and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same and in some cases less, but Embrace Wellness may receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us maintain this work!