Another installment of Recipe Roundup for you today. As a reminder, this is a series I do in honor of the various holidays and celebrations throughout the year. I will share a few of our family’s favorite recipes that will hopefully help you plan your event.
Today we are getting you ready to celebrate the 4th of July and time outside with family and friends! I don’t know about you but it is hot in the Midwest in July. This menu lineup is full of refreshing light dishes.
- Serve Primal Kitchen condiments with your favorite sausage or hamburger. Remember you can boost the veggie content of your hamburgers by adding some kale, spinach, cauliflower rice, shredded zucchini or even other yummy options like roasted tomatoes in olive oil or chopped olives. (Use the code embracewellness10 for 10% off Primal Kitchen dairy free, gluten free, grain free, soy free and no refined sugar condiments.
- Gluten Free Corn Dogs (I have made the version of her corn dog muffins from her cookbook, but these look delicious as well)
- Quinoa Broccoli Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Arugula and Watermelon Salad – see below
- Simple fruit salad with berries and fresh chopped mint and / or fruit kabobs
Arugula and Watermelon Salad
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup watermelon cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the arugula.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet, being careful not to burn.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Assemble salad and toss in dressing.
What are some of your favorite healthy light cookout foods?
**Some of these links may be affiliate links. Embrace Wellness LLC is a participant in various affiliate programs designed to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to products they trust and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same and in some cases less, but Embrace Wellness may receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us maintain this work!