Another installment of Recipe Roundup for you today. As a reminder, this is a series I do in honor of the various holidays and celebrations throughout the year. I will share a few of our family’s favorite recipes that will hopefully help you plan your event.
Today we are getting you ready to celebrate Memorial Day and the outdoors.
If you stopped by my About Me section, you may have noticed this is not the first time I have been in the online world. In 2011 I started a food blog for fun and as a hobby. The primary focus of that blog was recipes and helping people make better food choices. One of the most popular recipes, that people still talk about is my Avocado and Corn Salsa, so I thought I would reintroduce it here. You can eat this as a side dish, on top of your favorite protein or as a dip with some plantain chips or organic corn tortilla chips. Great addition to your Memorial Day menu.
Check out that recipe and some other ideas:
- Kicked Up Hamburgers: your favorite meat spiked with a nutritional veggie boost (add in chopped kale or spinach, sun dried tomatoes, shredded zucchini, or cauliflower rice)
- Cilantro Avocado Potato Salad
- Mustardy Brussels Slaw
- Avocado Corn Salsa – see below
- Fruit Kabobs – slice your favorites and skewer
- Grilled Pineapple
Avocado and Corn Salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/2 lime zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add chopped veggies to a bowl and pour dressing in, mixing to combine.
- Serve with chips.