Another installment of Recipe Roundup for you today. As a reminder, this is a series I do in honor of the various holidays and celebrations throughout the year. I will share a few of our family’s favorite recipes that will hopefully help you plan your event.
Today we are getting you ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I think most people tend to go out, but what if this year you dropped off your kids at your parents, got some wine and made dinner together?
I have the perfect menu for you.
First up, an appetizer:
Second course, a salad:
- Kale, Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with Granola Croutons (if trying to be gluten free, ensure your oats are)
Third and main course:
- Seared Salmon – see below
- Roasted Broccolini with Creamy Mustard Sauce (makes a lot of sauce so cut in half or plan to use extra with something else)
- Crispy Rosemary Roast Potatoes
Fourth and final course:
- Of course, chocolate covered strawberries. Simply melt chocolate over a double boiler (Set a bowl filled with chocolate chips over a pot of boiling water. Keep heat low and stir often). Once melted, dip or drizzle over strawberries.
And don’t forget the wine: check out my article on Dry Farm Wines and use this link to get a free bottle with your first subscription.
- 2 6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons butter, avocado oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add oil or butter to pan and let it melt.
- Add salmon to pan, skin side up.
- Sear for 5 minutes, flip and sear another 4 minutes or until desired level of doneness.
Do you like to go out or stay in or skip the celebration all together?!
**Some of these links may be affiliate links. Embrace Wellness LLC is a participant in various affiliate programs designed to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to products they trust and recommend. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same and in some cases less, but Embrace Wellness may receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us maintain this work!