What kid doesn’t love chicken nuggets?!
I made a chicken nugget that utilizes cost efficient chicken thighs over breasts, can be baked or browned up in some fat on the stove top (depending on your time and desired end result) and then stored in the freezer for quick lunches on the go. Bonus, is it has some added veggies for a boost in nutrition.
If I have veggies mixed in with a meat, such as this, I don’t consider that the vegetable for that meal, just an added bonus in addition to the veggie served with the meal
We actually often play a game at dinner time where we try to guess what is in the food. It gets them using their senses and really learning about food!
Okay, why you are here – that recipe!
Loaded Chicken Nuggets
- 1-1.25 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- Using a food processor, blend chicken thighs until broken up.
- Add in veggies and seasoninga and blend again to combine.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and add oil.
- Using mini ice cream scoop, add chicken to pan.
- Cook 5 minutes on one side and then flip and gently flatten.
- Cook 3 more minutes and then flip back to the original side for a final 2-4 minutes, until no longer pink.
If you would like more lunch ideas, check out my Lunch Box Rescue.